| 208-09 Union Turnpike|
Bayside NY 11364
Hospital for Special Surgery
North Shore LIJ
Health Systems IPA
NEXT STEP Health and Fitness
at Ellen Bodner PT's Premium Standard of Care
Customized Therapy, Exercise Plans & Special Programs
NEXT STEP Fitness
at Ellen Bodner, PT, DPT
Hands On, Experienced Experts
Next Step: One-on-One Personal Training Programs
A supervised, state-of-the-art exercise facility, Next Step Health & Fitness Center provides participants with safe, custom-designed, professionally monitored exercise programs that utilize our top-of-the-line equipment.
Based on comprehensive evaluations that include an analysis of aerobic/cardiovascular capacity, muscular strength and flexibility, posture, back and body fat composition, our exercise physiologists and athletic trainers afford clients a viable and effective prescription for improved health-regardless of their age, condition, shape or size.
In addition, Next Step’s one-on-one personal training programs provide clients with a convenient and safe approach to maximizing their workouts and reaching their personal fitness goals.
We are excited to announce that we now provide Massage Therapy at Next Step Health and Fitness Center.
The Benefits Of Massage
Massage may help…
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow - the body’s natural defense system.
- Stimulates and stretches weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Assist athletes of any level to prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ - the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Improve circulation pump by increasing blood flow and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins - amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
Here at Next Step Health & Fitness, the following services are available:
Myofascial Release: Myofascial release is the three-dimensional application of sustained pressure and movement into the fascial system in order to eliminate fascial restrictions and facilitate the emergence of emotional patterns and belief systems that are no longer relevant or are impeding progress. It is an effective therapeutic approach in the relief of cervical pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, scoliosis, neurological dysfunction, restriction of motion, chronic pain, and headaches.
Swedish Massage: Swedish massage is a vigorous system of treatment designed to energize the body by stimulating circulation. Five basic strokes including kneading, rolling, vibrational, percussive, and tapping movements, all flowing toward the heart, are used to manipulate the soft tissues of the body. The many benefits of Swedish massage may include generalized relaxation, dissolution of scar tissue adhesions, and improved circulation, which may speed healing and reduce swelling from injury.
Deep Tissue Massage: Techniques that utilize deep-tissue massage are administered to affect the sub-layer of musculature and fascia. It helps with chronic muscular pain and injury rehabilitation and reduces inflammation-related pain caused by arthritis and tendinitis.
Reflexology: Reflexology involves manipulation of specific reflex areas in the foot, hands, and ears that correspond to other parts of the body. This bodywork involves application of pressure to these reflex zones to stimulate body organs and relieve areas of congestion. This technique is used to reduce pain, increase relaxation, and stimulate circulation of blood and lymphatic fluids. It is especially useful in stress-related illness and emotional disorders. Reflexology is also convenient in cases where an area of the body is traumatized or diseased to the extent that direct manipulation is not appropriate.
Sports Massage: Sports massage is designed to enhance athletic performance and recovery. The intent here is to calm the nervous system and begin the process of flushing toxins and waste products out of the body. It can reduce recovery time, enabling an athlete to resume training much sooner than rest alone would allow. When an athlete sustains an injury, skillful massage therapy can often speed and improve the quality of healing.
Shiatsu: Shiatsu is a finger-pressure technique utilizing traditional acupuncture points. The treatment brings about a sense of relaxation while stimulating blood and lymphatic flow.
Facilitated Stretching: Facilitated stretching is an active form of stretching in which the therapist does most or all of the work. Facilitated stretching can bring about dramatic gains in flexibility in a very short time because of the creative use of several built-in neurological mechanisms to optimize a muscle’s ability to lengthen.
Increase the benefits of massage therapy with frequent visits. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you will be, and how youthful you will remain with each passing year. Budgeting time and money for bodywork at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. Just because massage feels like a pampering treat does not mean it is any less therapeutic. Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan. Our therapists will work with you to establish a treatment schedule that best meets your needs.
- Please arrive twenty minutes prior to all massage appointments.
- It is recommended to consult with your physician before any treatment.
- Massage sessions are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- Massage sessions expire 90 days from the date of purchase.
- 24-hour notice of cancellation is necessary to avoid being charged for the session.
- All major credit cards are accepted for services.
Contact Ellen Bodner PT, DPT now for Next Step
One-on-one personal training Programs, Bayside NY